Monday, December 10, 2012

Loi Krathong Pictures

Some decorations in the Old City




Capturing the Krathongs, the fireworks, the latnerns, and the river

Letting my Krathong go in the river

A floating lantern that caught fire!



One of the floats in the parade

A great scene captured by Julia. One of our favorite photos. :)





Such huge sparklers!


Revisiting the Taj

As part of my travel the world and see the wonders (in blow-up form) tour



Mr. and Mrs. Loi Krathong


I like to think "Ha-doo" is the Thai onomatopoeia for the sound an owl makes. Julia says I'm probably wrong. *Ha-doo, ha-doo*





Angry birds balloon!

Krathongs for sale




I know it's supposed to be a heart, but every time I saw these in the sky, I thought  they were upside-down Mickey Mouse pants!



Letting go!

Jumping around too much



And it's off, with all my troubles and worries


Angel Julia

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the floating lantern on fire, even if that is not supposed to happen! These are AWESOME photos, thank you for posting! Ha-Doo! Ha-Doo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally pictures!
    -sammers

    p.s. the captchas to leave a comment on this is ridiculous. i can never get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely thought the heart/upside down mickey pants were a pair of upside down testicles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I love these photos! Such a cool and beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete